Bridgwater College Academy’s curriculum provides an inclusive, diverse and rich experience to equip young people with knowledge, skills and capacity for growth that they will need in the future. Our fundamental aim is to ensure each child is able to accomplish his or her personal best – regardless of ability or background.
- to help all students to achieve their full potential in all areas of learning and experience, through a broad and balanced curriculum
- to help all students secure the maximum possible success in public examinations;
- to engender in students a love of learning for its own sake,
- to help students to develop such qualities of character and personality as will help them to take their place as active citizens
- to help students to acquire knowledge and skills that will contribute to their development as mature adults, helping to prepare them for their future lives
- to create an environment that is conducive to learning, where students feel free to adopt a positive attitude towards their education and where all forms of success and achievement are recognised and celebrated.
Key Stage 3 (Years 7 – 8)
Please click on the following links to view the schemes of work for each curriculum subject:
Students from Years 8 will have the opportunity to choose their Key Stage 4 options in the spring term and start their new courses in Year 9.
Please find below information for parents with regards to Reading Homework for KS3 and a reading log to record their child's reading: